Sunday, November 23, 2014

Tri-Color "Spaghetti" with Coconut Avocado Pesto

Recently, I had the pleasure of having David Wolfe give a lecture on raw foods as part of the amazing classes that are given at Integrative Nutrition®. David Wolfe was so inspiring teaching us about the benefits of raw and super foods, that it made me want to create my own raw dish. It led me to created my own twist on pesto pasta. To do this, I used a super sweet kitchen tool  called Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter which makes spaghetti out of veggies. I choose to use both green and yellow squash along with a sweet potato, and I added a yummy raw coconut avocado pesto to it.


 










Tri-Color "Spaghetti" with Coconut Avocado Pesto 

1 medium zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1 medium sweet potato
1 medium acocado
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp of crushed garlic
1 cup of coconut water ( I used Harmless Harvest Coconut Water)
Hemp Seeds of garnishing

1- Using the Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter, cut veggies in spaghetti like pasta and set them aside        into a bowl
2- Using a food processor or blender ( I used my bullet ) scoop avocado into blender and add in                walnuts, garlic and coconut water until. Blended all ingredients until well blended.
3. Scoop out and place into veggie "spaghetti" and mix together until well blended
4. Serve onto plates and sprinkle with some hemp seeds to add a little nutty flavor

Hope you enjoy : )






No comments:

Post a Comment